1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need to replace wing edges on 860SW

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by articstorm, Dec 9, 2010.

1. articstorm

articstorm Member

I need to replace the edges on my 860 SW and I was wondering if i can get away with just replacing the wing edges or does the main edge normally need replacing as well. The The main edge looks great and wings edges look good and are wearing good for the number of hours this plow now has. The problem with blizzards in my area is that the closest dealer is 50 miles one way so I would like to only have to make this trip once. Does anyone have the main edge width that this should have started with for a 2008 860 SW. Thanks in advance for any help or information.

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

If you do just the wings, the main blade will not touch the ground. I think the center started at 6" on my 810 blizzard.

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I would just weld some sections of old main edges onto the wing edges. Works great and saves some $.

4. oldman1922

oldman1922 Junior Member
    from Canada

Wing edges

I have a 8100PP and what I did was weld on A piece of 3/8 inch T1 4"x 14" on the front edge about 1/4 lower than the the main cutting edge on the inner side and drop the outside so the edge will sit flat and straight on the asphaltt. (This will allow the new edge to wear in). Also I welded a piece of 1/2"T1 4" x 6" to this at the end and cut the angle on the bottom to fit to the asphalt. All of this giving more wear area contacting the asphalt. If you are set up to cut and weld this is a cheap fix. If you do not have the T1 go to a welding shop and buy a couple of larger scrap pieces enough to do this several times. When these wear down I will just cut them off and weld on new pieces. I think that I will never buy new wings,only the main edge. I am not sure how to add pictures but if you post your email address I will forward pics.

5. articstorm

articstorm Member

6. oldman1922

oldman1922 Junior Member
    from Canada

will get them tomorrow. jim

7. oldman1922

oldman1922 Junior Member
    from Canada

actually I will do tonight

8. BIG GREEN FWD

BIG GREEN FWD Junior Member

speedwing edges

i will have some cutting edges for 860speedwing for sale very soon coming off brand new plow as soon as my urethane cutting edges get in probably be available 1st of januaray