1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need to plan my approach for parking lot

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Kaptain_Kurt, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Kaptain_Kurt

Kaptain_Kurt Member
    from Iowa

This year will be my first parking lot, it's for a nursing home. Last year it was 3 miles of roadway in a private development and some driveways. I am wondering how to plan my attack on this complex with basically double wide lanes with parking slips all up and down. Most of it is basically in I and H shapes. Rows of garages on one side and sidewalks on the other side. It's gonna be tough to figure out where to put the snow. Looks like I will have to push it to both ends of each drive. Also has an O shaped turn-around at the front doors to the building. I think this will all need to go 50' out the drive to the street. Should I start at the street, back in 10', and push 10'-15' at a time across the street so I could slowly work my way back to the end (the O turn-around) and still be able to move it? Any advice about how to approach these?

Kap't K