1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need To Pick A Name

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Kosty, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Kosty

Kosty Member

Need some help picking a name for snowplowing and lawn mowing. My First name is Konstantin Logvinsky, but everyone calls me Alex. I've come up with a few see what you ppl think of them and see if anyone got a few good ones they can come up with

Logvin Lawn Service or Lawn Care
    Logvinsky Lawn Care & Snowplowing
    Avalanche Lawn Care & Snowplowing
    Complete Lawn Care & Snowplowing
    Fusion Lawn Care & Snowplowing
    Prestige Lawn Care & Snowplowing
    Precision Lawn Care & Snowplowing

2. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Logvin Lawn Service or Lawn Care
    Logvinsky Lawn Care & Snowplowing
    Avalanche Lawn Care & Snowplowing
    Complete Lawn Care & Snowplowing
    Fusion Lawn Care & Snowplowing
    Prestige Lawn Care & Snowplowing
    Precision Lawn Care & Snowplowing

I know in my area Complete, Prestige, and Precision are all taken. I think a your last name is to original. So your left with Logvin, Avalanche, and Fusion .... its up to you its your name.

Ken
    New Look Landscaping

3. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

to encompass lawn care and snowplowing and maby get some more work id go with Logvinsky Lawn and Landscape or just Logvinsky Landscape or i dont know your initials go with KAL (i dont know if thats yours) Landscaping

4. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Shorter the better, easier to remember. So no sense for the snowplowing part, you can have that whole thing but people will only remember the first name.

How about "Prestige Landscaping" or "Prestige Property Services"

Landscaping to a lot of people means plowing and mowing and all that great stuff.

Property Services is also unlimited meaning that you service their property and can acutally get you larger jobs like shopping malls and parking lots because managers look for that.

Just some thoughts, better to keep it short and use a first name that is easy to remember because people are gonna spot that and remeber that.
    good luck hope I helped

5. Kosty

Kosty Member

if i do landscaping im not doing any planting or design just mowing edging hedge trimming and a maybe bed preparations.

The other name i came up with today is Red Creek. i think it would go good being that my truck is red and my trailer is red too.

6. westwind

westwind Member

Red Creek Outdoor Services?

7. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I like Red Creek Outdoor services white and black lettering!

8. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

Don't go with lawn service in your name. When you get bigger you will regret it. I changed my company name, after I show up to a customer house and they are getting big landscape and paver jobs done. They said we didn't know you did that. You really dont need to put snow plowing in your company's name. I don't even have it listed on my trucks or business cards any more. There will all ways be more snowplowing jobs than you want to do.

9. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Just a thought i would leave my name out of my company name, and try a name with something that will be listed first or close to the first one in the phone book

10. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

If your looking for work from the phone book you best have lots of time for quotes.
    95% of the calls will be tire kickers shoppin price. Your not a plumber rodding shitters, you do lawn maintence and plowing right ? You need signed contracts not 1 hour jobs. A small add with your number so people can find it will do just fine.
    Word of mouth puts food on my table. 95% of my referals are turned into signed contracts.
    It takes time to build up a business, do a good job, price your work fair (for you as well) and bust your ass. You will do just fine.
    Todd

11. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

" your looking for work from the phone book you best have lots of time for quotes.
    95% of the calls will be tire kickers shoppin price."

I don't know how your phone book system works T-Man but when you have a business ours ask where you want to list your ad, unless a personal phone number is used.

12. Kosty

Kosty Member

whats better property service or property maintenance