1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need to know height of push beam assembly for RT2

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by kevs75, Feb 12, 2008.

1. kevs75

kevs75 Junior Member

I bought a boss plow RT2 7.5 ft staright blade for my 75 chevy pick up. My truck is lifted up 4 inches and I need to add some iron to the push beam assembly that bolts to the truck to drop it down. I was wondering if somebody knows how far off the ground the round tube of the assembly is off the ground. I believe its 12 1/2 inches but would like a second or third opinion before I do the job. Thanks, Kevin

2. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Kevin,
    What I see is 12 1/2'' from ground to the center of push beam (the cylinder)

I found that solenoid in the garage, do you still need it? I might be that way in a few weeks to pick up that cherry picker.

Yon

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

13 1/2" for the straight blade RT2's...get it as close as you can, but it's not super critical on them. Here's a pic showing how to measure..

New Picture.jpg

4. kevs75

kevs75 Junior Member

Thanks for the replys. Yon I still need it, let me know when you might be out this way. I also forgot to give you one of the speaker wires, I seen it laying on the floor. Thanks, Kevin