1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need to install Pulley pump on 98 GM 305

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by UpstateNYer, Sep 29, 2009.

1. UpstateNYer

UpstateNYer Member

I purchased a MM1 setup to install on my 1998 Chevy K1500. The plow had been on a 91 Chevy and was utilizing a pulley pump off the damper. I have been told that you cannot have a pulley pump on anything newer than a 1995. Is this true? If not, can anyone tell me the part number to install on my 1998. If I cannot fabricate this pump to work I would like to use a Monarch pump mounted under the hood. If I use that setup can I still use the valve block and controls from the pulley pump setup?
  2. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

Sorry man its true there 2 different motors urs a injected vortec,The donor was just a tpi,Fisher doesn't make pullys for Vortecs.Its not the pump bracket retroing.It's that theres no pully for the crank to power the pumps hydraulics
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Fisher most certainly did have belt driven hydro's for the Gen1 Vortec engines although you may have a tough time sourcing the pulley unless you can find a dealer with some obsolete inventory.

Here's the paper work for your setup. 7551B
  4. UpstateNYer

UpstateNYer Member

All good info!

Thanks for the replies. I think between the two setups I am contemplating, I will be able to retrofit a good working setup. I am leaning toward a rework of the existing power steering pump with new lines and I will purchase the stand alone reservoir from Fisher. This will allow me to use the valve setup and controls (Mechanical) I already own. By utilizing the Chevy power steering pump I avoid having to fabricate mounting brackets and/or the purchase of a electric clutch pump. From elsewhere on this site I was able to download a schematic for new hydraulic lines to replace the stock power steering lines. The flow will go like this: Pump to Power Steering to valveing to reservoir to Pump.