1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need To Get The Plow Home

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by DAZ982500, Dec 19, 2005.

1. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

I was scraping a driveway when I noticed the plow was very to slow raise, I should have responded quicker and left the customers house but I did'nt.Anyway, the plow could not raise so I tool it to a nearby parking lot.The immediate problem is to remove it from a Target parking lot.The cylander will not stay up.I am thinking of using my bottle jack to raise the blade enough to hook chain on to arm then transport to repair shop.Any other quick thoughts.Do not want to leave it ther over night out of fear of it getting ripped off.Dave.

2. sefh

sefh Senior Member

That sounds like the best is to use a jack and adjust your chain.

3. ght1098

ght1098 Member

Use the jack, get it to a shop. I wouldn't leave it in a lot for any amount of time, too easy to steal. Does it angle o.k. or not, might just be low on fluid.

4. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Wat type of plow is maybe we can help you diagnose the problem and you can fix it right there in the lot.. assuming it is easy and you feel like working on it there.

If you must move it get it up off the ground either by a bottle jack or possibly even a come-along. The short chain it and it would not hurt to use an additional safety chain.... no need for it to drop driving on the road.

5. JMR

JMR Senior Member

The time I had this happen to me, I just ran the plow up a pile and then rehooked the chain so the plow was off the ground...............drove it to the shop and made the repairs.

6. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

Pull Up On A Snow Pile Or A Tall Curb To Get Blade Up The Readjust ,sounds Like A Low Fluid Prob I Would Check That First Before Trying To Get It Home ,leaked Out On Ya If Height Not As Much But Still Went Up Only Fliud Gone But Then You Need Find Why Is It Leaking

7. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

Update, the jack worked fine.The truck and plow are home will be taking for service tomorrow.It is a Myer ST 7.5 E47.The blade will not lift off ground will not angle when engaging switch.The fluid was flushed on November 15th all was well.When I manually lift the arm the cylander falls back in and it appears as though there is fluid on the front mount that was'nt thier before.My guess is a seal or motor.Dave.

8. watchamakalit

watchamakalit Member

Dave
    do yourself a favor and check the fluid level. Could save yourself alot of money on a repair bill. If you can refill the fluid and find the leak. Then these guys can probably help you fix it. I went to the meyer website and actually printed off the repair manual for the pumps and keep it in my Jeep all winter.:drinkup: