1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need to get a plow mounted

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Nurumkin, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Nurumkin

Nurumkin Junior Member
    from MN

Ok I bought this plow off of craigslist. It has all of the wiring and controller parts but the mount is off of a 99 chevy. I need to put it on a 93 ford. The guy who sold it to me said that I may be able to have someone modify the mount to fit. Who do I go to that would be able to do this for me? (I am in the northern part of the twin cities,mn) and how much am I looking at to get it done?

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/6131/plow.jpg

2. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

you would be better off if you could trade mounts with someone, but it could be welded on
    check out www.snowplowsplus.com I have traded mounts and wiring for different trucks with these guys, great to work with and honest

3. Nurumkin

Nurumkin Junior Member
    from MN

LOL, I just got off the phone with those guys (found them off of western's site) he was very helpful but he does not have an f250 mount, he sent me to another guy who may, but if not he said I can sell my chevy one for 200-250 and buy a new one from him for $450 (if I cant find used)

Is there a better place to look for used plow mounts then craigslist?

4. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Did you try searching surrounding cities on CL

5. Nurumkin

Nurumkin Junior Member
    from MN

re

Ya I used tempest to search within 500 miles of me but no luck so far

6. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

It would be ideal for you to find the right mount, but it can be fabricated to your truck by someone with welding experience ....Gets kinda costly tho...

7. Nurumkin

Nurumkin Junior Member
    from MN

re

After talking to the guy as plows plus, he said that I can buy a new one for $450 and they would give me $150 for my current chevi mount so it wold cost me about $300 to get the mount and get it installed. So at least I have a backup plan if I am unable to find a used one.