1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need To Find Part (or Sell) Western Plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by frynbryn, Mar 2, 2006.

1. frynbryn

frynbryn Junior Member

I have a 1986 Dodge Ram Charger and I purchased a 1982-1992 Western plow. My problem is the guy who sold me the plow advertised that it would fit a Dodge, Chevy, and GMC. I thought he had the parts to make this possible. What I ended up with is a Chevy 1982-1992 Western. I think the seller had the same problem that I am having because the plow is in perfect shape. I don't think he ever had this mounted and couldn't find the right frame mount.
    I just purchased the parts that attach to the frame (I think they called these parts "Thrust Arms") so all I need is the part that connects to the bumper and has the headlights attached. I guess I can use the headlights and motor off of the one I have now. So I just need the metal frame for a 1986 Dodge.
    I called Western to order it and, of course, they do not make or stock the part I need anymore. If anyone has this part and wants to sell e-mail me at frynbryn@adelphia.net
    If someone has a Chevy and they want to buy the whole plow set-up I will sell it for $1500.00 that includes a brand new control, still in the box. The guy I bought it from drove off without giving my the wiring harness so that is all it needs to be complete for Chevy.
  2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

If you can't find one, an experienced fabricator should be able to take what you have and make it work for a few hundred bucks. Shame the wiring got away--can't you get it from him anyways? Even thru the mail? Its probably the exact same wiring as for the Dodge.