1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need To Drop Plow Frame on Truckk

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 06 SuperDuty, Dec 19, 2010.

1. 06 SuperDuty

06 SuperDuty Junior Member

i have 06 f350 Lifted with an 8'lift and 38s and i have an 8ft boss plow ready to go..
    Anyone have any ideas or know of anyone who makes brakets to drop the plow frame on the truck to make this workk ??
    What is the height the plow frame should from the ground??

Thankss
    06 SuperDuty

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

a good fab guy
    welcome to the site

3. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Thats alot of lift for a plow truck. I would suggest ditching the 38's for some 33's for plowing. Then see a good fab guy to lower your brackets. I was able to get mine done for about $75.00 and they are stronger then they were stock.

4. 06 SuperDuty

i have the stock tires from ford that i would put on so thats okk... but after i do that how far of a drop should have fabricated

5. timberjack

timberjack Member

Depends on how high it is now.

Your target is 15-1/2" to the center of the pin "eyes".

Think there's some leeway there, and my truck was 16" or a bit better, and it seems fine. I don't much care for the loss of approach angle in the summer, but there's always a trade off.

6. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Also straight blades can tolerate minor height differences.........I didn't have to move mine until I got a V blade.

7. 06 SuperDuty

okk thanks im gunna try to have someone fabricate something so i can get this truck moving... and ill get some pics up on here when its done if it comes through okkk

8. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

We have always modified the plow side mount on a fisher. And left the truck side alone.