1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need to cut??

Discussion in 'DANT Enterprises, Plow Dolly' started by Mike Hughes, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Mike Hughes

Mike Hughes Member

I went to set up my plow dolly, and realized that the rear dolly sits too high to get under my Western Pro-Plow.

So, to solve the problem, the shaft on the rear dolly needs to be cut down by about two and a half / three inches.

What tool/method should I use to cut it??

plow dolly problem.jpg
  2. thelandscaper27

thelandscaper27 Junior Member

I would try a cut off saw or a hack saw. better yet, 4" grinder.
    Good luck.
  3. administrator

administrator Guest

From PlowDolly

I forwarded this thread to them and they replied to me in a email... I replied to them and reminded them that they need to use the forum to reply.

Remember, this forum stuff is new to a lot of folks.
  4. Dant Enterprise

Dant Enterprise Junior Member

Unfortunately, we can't make a Level-R assembly to fit every possible vehicle / plow combination. So, we made our extension tube to fit the happy median. In our instruction manual, provided with each dolly system, there are details / instructions on how to correct this situation if the extension tube is either to long or to short. If the extension tube is to long, you can either purchase a shorter 3/8" or 1/2" pipe nipple (depending on which dolly system you have) of the appropriate length at your local hardware store and replace the original tube, or you can cut it off at the appropriate length using a pipe cutter, hack saw, grinder, or anything else that will cut pipe. Hopefully you got the situation corrected and you are happy with the end result.

DANT Enterprises
  5. Mike Hughes

Mike Hughes Member

Thanks for the responses. I have not done it yet, but will in the next day or two.

I am sure the end result will be just fine, and I am very happy with the product overall............looks like it will perform well.
  6. Dant Enterprise

Dant Enterprise Junior Member

If you have any more questions, comments, or concerns don't hesitate to ask us here or call us directly at (570) 379-3121.

Thanks and happy hook-ups!

Tom Crawford
    DANT Enterprises