1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need to commercial plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 96K2500BurbNJ, Mar 5, 2014.

1. 96K2500BurbNJ

96K2500BurbNJ Junior Member

Hello everyone. I have recently went on my own and started plowing commercial lots. I have been plowing for another company for the past 10 years and figured since I have my own construction company might as well just try to get my own contracts. Here's my problem, I have little experience with pricing lots. I have a few gas stations that want contracts but not really sure how to price them with all the obstacles and tank caps. Can anyone give me a few ways to make this much easier.

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Figure out hourly cost

Estimate time it will take you.

Multiply hourly cost by time.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Yup, about it.

4. 96K2500BurbNJ

96K2500BurbNJ Junior Member

Thanks guys that's pretty much what I was figuring.

5. andersman02

andersman02 Senior Member

Just remember a you can get more ac/hour on a big open lot then a small one with lots of nookes and crannies

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

5,000 for the season,7,000 if they are 24hrs.

7. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

My best advice:
    Figure it by the push, and get what it's worth to you. Do not take any job just to say you have work.
    Don't let them decide how much it is worth.
    I shoot for $150 per hour as a minimum, and add on from there for difficulty and risk.

Risk is a big consideration. If you are plowing an empty lot, or a private road, the risk is lower than plowing a gas station. Lots more to hit in a gas station lot...like a new Mercedes or a 70k luxo-truck.

8. grandview

Mercedes or Yugo,your deductible is all the same,go big or go home!

9. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Gas stations suck. A company I used to work for serviced some and we had to shovel around the gas caps. Unluckily the plow driver decided to help us out a little bit one night and when i was walking though what was left (2-3" of compacted snow from all the cars driving over it earlier in storm) I just missed having my foot fall into where the gas cap was supposed to be.

10. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

No money in gas stations

11. grandview

When the price is right there is. Still comes down to what type of service they want.