1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need to change hydraulic fluid

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by earlybirds, Oct 24, 2008.

1. earlybirds

earlybirds Junior Member

2000 Hiniker 7.5 ft straight blade
    I bought this plow new 8 years ago, and it has worked flawlessly. I have never changed the hydraulic fluid, but after reading these forums realize that I am long overdue. I have read the fluid changing procedure in the owners manual, and it states that I need to COMPLETELY remove the power unit from the plow. Is this absolutely necessary? I realize I need to take off the plastic reservoir to drain fluid and to clean the filter. Can't I do this while the power unit is still on the plow? I need advice, tips, tricks, or procedures. Thanks in advance for any help!

2. tripper

tripper Junior Member

First push the lift ram all the way in. You do not need to take the unit off. Take the 4 bolts for the resivour off and pull it off. You will make a mess with the oil coming out. Clean the screen or get new ones. Clean the magnet that is probably stuck on the pump. Then put it back together fill it up and flush the lines and rams.