1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NEED Tires! ANy suggestions?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rhino42n, Dec 21, 2007.

1. rhino42n

rhino42n Junior Member

I'm in need of some new tires for my 05 F-250 Super Crew. I was looking at the LT285/70R17 from NITTO. heard mixed reviews on this one. I am only going to use the new ones in the winter then switch back to my other for the spring and summer. Anyone used these tires before. Any other recommendations?

The Nittos are 195$ each and i would like to stay around that range

2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Just put some Nitto Terra Graplers on my truck and so far they are great. Quiet and great traction.

3. nichols

nichols Member

I had a set of BFGoodrich All Terrain TA/KOs on my F250 that I put on a few years ago, and I was pretty happy with them. However, I just put on a set of Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor all terrains, and the difference is amazing.

It's a much quieter tire, and the traction between the two (even when the BFGs were new) is like night and day in the snow. They're not the cheapest around, but so far it's well worth the difference.
  4. rhino42n

rhino42n Junior Member

How much did you pay for the Wranglers?
  5. nichols

nichols Member

They were $165/tire at Sears, so after all the extraneous extra costs, it came to just under $750 total.
  6. ameyerman

ameyerman Senior Member

you should really look into the procomp mudd terrain or the all terrainn. on one of my work trucks we have the all terrain work great. then we have one with BF Mud fine too. i have all ways heard good things about the procomps in snow. just my two cents. good luck
  7. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

8. ironsales

ironsales Junior Member

michelin ltx m/s. Have them on my 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins. I get between 80,000 to 100,000 miles out of a set. I rotate every 10,000 miles
  9. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Cooper ATR's have served me well.
  10. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Coursers Not bad for the money

I used to do the BF's AT, BF MT's, Dueler MT's, Dueler AT's, Pro Comps. They where all good but I went through them all in a year and had to buy tires every year. The Courser MT's where cheaper and lasted just as long. I got 315x75x16 for under the price of what I was paying for 285's. I really like them and get them direct from a warehouse that supplies tirers for many shops around town and if I buy the tires from them they will bring them out and put them on out on the job for no additional cost. Good luck on choosing your tires and dont get the cheapest tires from Walmart and you will be fine
  11. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Toyo Open Country A/T's
  12. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I am thinking of getting the firestone destination m/t's. How are they?
  13. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

I put a set of Nitto's on my F-350 one of the reasons I chose them was the wear rating. The were suppose to last 50 to 60,000 miles. Not, my original Firestone's lasted about 55,000 but I only rotated twice. I hated them and wanted to get ride of them. I put the Nitto's on they only lasted 40,000 miles. Never buy them again.

I replaced them with BF Goodrich Take offs. I got the wheels and tires for the price of just 4 tires ($800.00) I have close to 70,000 miles on them look like they will go another 25,000.prsport

That being said I think my next set will be Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors.

Stay away from the Nitto's:nono:
  14. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

cooper discoverer stt, firestone destination mt, cooper m/s...
  15. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

I have a set of studded Hakka 5's on my F250 and love them! They ran me $750 installed.
  16. spruceridge

spruceridge Junior Member
    from cny

hercules avalanche extreme10 ply for plowing in the winter and hercules terra trac a/w 10 ply in the summer
  17. 1sthippy

1sthippy Member

Take a look at www.TireRack.com I'm running Firestone Winterforce on my 1500 Dodge. Merry Xmas, Everyone
  18. MassSteelerfan

MassSteelerfan Junior Member
    from Mass

Just bought a set of Michelin LTX's. I have plowed 4 storms already with them, and can't say anything bad about them. Also, they are great for when not using plow. Price I believe is right in the same ballpark.
  19. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

I have had the Destination M/T on my truck for 3 years and love them. Would definitely buy them again.
  20. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Junior Member
    from Toronto

Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armour for my vote