1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Tires any favorites

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Boomer123, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

I'm in the market for a set of new plow tires and figure I would ask here instead of listing to the tire shop.

A couple of years ago I got a set of Coopers don't remember the style. The guy at the tire shop recommended them and have never really been happy. They are not aggressive enough. I have a 1/2 ton pickup.

2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Hundreds of threads on tires if ya do a quick search. Virtually every brand discussed. I love my Dura-Tracs, but do a search, spend a couple hours (easily lol) reading through the threads and pick based on that.

3. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

I did do a search prior to my post. it came up with zero results. I got lots of threads with no titles about tires. Several were about weather.

Thank you for your suggestion about Dura Tracs.

4. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

I'm running the General Grabber AT2 and I love them for the snow but I only use my truck to plow so I'm not sure how they are for the other seasons.

5. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

i love my duratracks too. the nitto terra graplers were good on my truck too. i liked them for plowing. the duratracks are a little better and more aggressive though.

6. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Had duratracs on 2 trucks, the one I have now will get them this summer. Love em. Only complaint is a little loud on cold wet pavement. Only notice it when it rains.

7. Ranger429

Ranger429 Member

Cepek Fun Country II's. All around great tire and wear real nice.

8. JohnDeere2320

JohnDeere2320 Member

I have really liked the Bridgestone Duravis M700 that came on my truck. When it comes time to replace I will get another set.

9. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

Dura tracs all day long!

10. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Is this just a plow truck?

The Winterforce LT is Firestone's Light Truck/SUV Studdable Winter / Snow tire designed for the owners of medium- and heavy-duty commercial vans, SUVs and pickup trucks. Available in Load Range E (10-Ply Rated) sizes, Winterforce LT tires are for drivers looking for traditional wintertime traction on dry, wet and snow-covered roads.

Firestone Winterforce LT winter / snow radials feature a winter tread compound molded into an aggressive directional tread pattern with tread blocks that are siped and can be studded to offer the biting edges necessary to provide traction in snow and on ice. Independent tread blocks feature high-density siping to enhance grip in loose snow while the intermediate and shoulder tread blocks are molded to accept studs that further enhance traction on hard-packed snow and ice. The tire's internal structure includes twin steel belts on top of a polyester casing to combine strength with ride quality.

11. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

Mainly plow truck, I do occasionally drive it in the summer to pick up things that wont fit in my car.

12. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

16" rims? Get BFGoodrich Commercial T/A Tractions. GREAT tire in the snow, drilled for studs from the factory, and they wear decently. Little hum on dry pavement, but snow traction is exceptional. I have 245/75s on one truck and 265/75s on another.

13. CELandscapes

CELandscapes Senior Member

Cooper discoverer at3's we have them on all of our trucks. I rarely plow in 4wd because of them

14. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

seems like the more I read the more confused I get. 235 vs 265 or 285. Some say 235/85 are the best others say bigger is better like 285/75

15. CELandscapes

CELandscapes Senior Member

The bigger and wider they are they stay on top of the snow and it's harder to get traction. Mine are 265/75/17 bigger than stock on a 2500hd but not to big

16. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

Makes sense.

17. bub3020

bub3020 Member
    from ma.

Firestone winterforce do a good job. I run them on a 2wd f superduty. No problems

18. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Here ya go. Days of reading. :laughing: Thought ya had info overload before!? :dizzy:

http://www.plowsite.com/search.php?searchid=3776138

19. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

20. bosman

bosman Senior Member

The duratracs look cool but that's it. They don't last, only got one year and 35000 on mine, never again. Went back to the best, BFG AT KO. Best tire on the market, expensive, yes, but you get what you pay for. If your looking for a deal get something else, but I've never talked to anyone that doesn't like them.