1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need timbrens

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 345HEMI, Nov 27, 2005.

1. 345HEMI

345HEMI Junior Member

getting the boss 7'6" STD duty put on tuesday. they are going to bring up the torsion bars, but i still want to put the timbrens in it. is this pretty simple for me to do? i am pretty knowledgeable in the mechanical field, just wondering what this involves.

the truck is an '04 ram 1500 QC with the 5.7

where is the best place to get them also?

thanks for the help
  2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

It will take less than 20 mins to do. All you have to do is pry out the factory bumper stops, drop the T-bolt through the hole and screw on the timbren. It's that easy. The only thing that I recommend (at least I did) is to put a little lock-tite on the threads. Don’t want those things to fall off with how expensive they are. :nono: I ordered mine online...cant remember where. I paid around $140 for them. Check with Finnegan though, he had a used set for sale a while back. Just make sure he has all the hardware; Timbren, spacer, and the T-bolt.
  3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Yup, thats all it takes, less than a half hour on the Dodges..:nod:
  4. 345HEMI

345HEMI Junior Member

thanks for the replies. i talked me dealer into putting them on for me tomarrow when they install the plow. now all we need is some snow!
  5. ultimate snow

ultimate snow Junior Member

Why... when you can get it up by 2in with torsion bars you don't need them???? It’s waste of money :nono:
  6. 345HEMI

345HEMI Junior Member

the reason i chose to put them on, is that i am putting a 650lb plow on the front of a '04 Dodge 1500. the front axle is rated for 3900lbs, and the truck has a front curb weight of 3225lbs, leaving aprox 675lbs to play with. so they are bringing up the torsion bars, and putting tibrens in to be safe. i asked for them, the dealer never once forced me to purchase them. not that they will give me anymore weight rating (because they don't) but it will alow the front end to stay up higher, and not continuiously bottom the suspension durring driving. just my .02
  7. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Because if you don't your Dodge will be just like Every other Chevy on the road after 2 years- dragging the front end because the torsion bars were over loaded, over torqued and worn out. If you ever wondered why the torsion bar Chevy's carry so low- now you know.
  8. 345HEMI

345HEMI Junior Member

well i got the plow put on today, and let me tell you i am impressed. the staff was great and did a great job with every part of it. very neat and professionaly done. they cranked up the torsion bars, and put the timbrens in. wow... it actually looks like a truck now! with the plow off, i gained just over 3 inches in the front, and it holds the plow great. i love it! can't wait for the snow to come back now, just signed 3 more contracts tonight!
  9. Alaska Tim

Alaska Tim Member
    from Alaska

Timbren's are worth their weight in gold, they are not a waste of money.
    I'd recommend anyone putting a plow on, to add the timbren's to their
    installations. Like stated earlier, it will be a great benefit in the long run.
    You won't be sorry. Saves on the suspension forsure.:drinkup: cheers
  10. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

All i can say is that is awesome and we want PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES:bluebounc :nod:
  11. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

Are there any problems with the angle of the CV joints of the front end following the install? Is there adverse wear on the CV's following the install?
  12. labinsky

labinsky Junior Member
    from Canada

timbrens on ram

I have an 05 HEmi 4x4 quad with a fisher 7.5RD and it sits fine on my truck without any adjustment, or timbrens. here is a pic. My truck doesn't bottom out either.
  13. ynot_5_0

ynot_5_0 Member

Do you know how much they cranked the torsion bars??
  14. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

I Heard If You Put A Plow On The 1500 It Will Void The Warranty Because The Cabs Where Bending. Thats What Dodge Told Me When I Went To Buy One. So Check First Because If You Bend Your Truck Up They Will Laugh. And I Would Just Put The Timbrens In W/o Touching The Torsions Because Youll Hate The Ride When The Plow Is Off. We Have Timbrens In Both Of Our 2500's And Love Them
  15. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I haven't heard anything about cabs bending. I havent had any problems. My truck just went in for a Power steering leak. They replaced the rack with no problems.