1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need taller V Plow Marker Guides

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Harford13, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Harford13

Harford13 Senior Member

Since my truck sits a little taller than factory I can't see the passengers side plow marker on my new extreme V plow while it's down. I was wondering if anyone has had this issue and had fabricated something to make a taller guide. If Fisher Guide's bolted in from the side like most other brands I could simply go buy a set of Meyer or Western Guides and bolt them on but I'm not going to drill a hole in the side of one of outer most braces when I'm sure I could fabricate something, and I'd imagine I'm not the first person with this problem. I've thought about a piece of all-thread and a coupler, then someone mentioned getting a piece of colored flexible plastic pipe, sliding it over the existing marker and zip tying it to hold it on. I think the Western Guides are hollow, and if they are I could buy them, cut the bottom off and slide them over the existing marker. Any ideas? Pictures? Thanks in advance for the ideas!

2. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Winter Equipment sells 36" tall guides. They're bigger and almost indestructable.

3. Harford13

Harford13 Senior Member

But do they both to the side or from the top? Fisher Guided mount from the top, not to the side like most other manufacturers? I will take a look at them thanks

4. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Doesn't look like it. Still a better guide though.

http://www.winterequipment.com/winter/Accessories/plowmarkers.htm

I'd make up a plate to bolt these to. Or drill holes in the side of the moldboard like every other plow mfg does.