1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need t bars

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ed39, Dec 17, 2008.

1. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

I need a set of good t bars for my k 2500. found out today the passenger side bar is bottom out and truck sags bad, while the other bar has plenty of room to be cranked, so i wanna get a fresh set Ware can i do this? or if anyone has a used good set

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I would start at a salvage yard, Napa, or a GM dealer. We have a Brake Service (they changed their name to Traction, i think it is) around here that does leaf springs. I'm not sure about torsion bars.

3. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I'm not familiar with Hopkington, but in Carver there is a place called Robertson's Auto salvage. May be able to get a set there..

4. Doom & Gloom

Doom & Gloom Senior Member

Change the keys while your at it, thats the big difference. My TB's are not even cranked at all and its higher than stock keys cranked.

5. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

It's normal for the passenger side to be significantly more cranked than the drivers side. My truck came from the factory with about 10 turns difference. Do a search in this forum for other threads on the subject and you will find the specific part numbers you need to upgrade to better bars. Chevy made a dozen or so different spec bars. They all interchange so you might as well get heavier bars, not just new ones.

6. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

well i bought some torsion keys along with new shocks im thinking the highest setting for them?