1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need suspension lift, help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DomaD, Dec 9, 2015.

1. DomaD

DomaD Member

Hello everybody, I have a 2015 GMC Canyon with a 2 inch front leveling kit by rough country, it is recommended I add another 2 inch suspension lift, what is out there that you guys recommend?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Recommended by who. And for what reason?

3. DomaD

DomaD Member

By the plow company, not lifting high enough, which brands are the best and would work?

4. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare Senior Member

I am a fan of pro comp lifts.

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Is the plow not lifting high enough because the truck squats to much with the extra weight of the blade or the mount isn't high enough?

Lifting the truck and leaving the mount high will increase your lift height but it will also decrease how well the blade scrapes and the angle it hits the ground at.

6. DomaD

DomaD Member

The plow only raises to 9" (level ground to bottom of blade), leaving it very unsafe to drive, the plow cannot be adjusted any higher, this is there solution.

7. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

Can you post pics of your truck with plow (on the ground and lifted)?
    Also pics of the mount?
    Counter weight behind rear wheels?

8. DomaD

DomaD Member

How do i post pics, im on my phone and i dont see a attach pic icon???

9. dieselss

What plow is this btw?

Need chrome, click right hand upper corner, desktop view, then go from there

10. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Id be looking at a set of Timbrens ( http://timbren.com/products-page/ses/GMFCCA/ ) for the front. It wont lift your truck any, but it will take the sag/squat out when the plow is up, in turn, allowing your plow to be raised to a safe height...

11. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

What's a canyon?

12. DomaD

DomaD Member

Can i get a phone number to you guys to talk on the phone, i need to take this to a private level. I need serious advice here.

13. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Im not sure how much more serious I can be... I have plowed with a GMC Jimmy (S10) and had similar problems with my blizzard plow. I then installed a set of timbrens and never had a problem again.

I doubt you will get anyone to give up their phone number...

14. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

867-5309...

15. DomaD

DomaD Member

How are timbrens gonna help if when i raise my plow my truck only sinks about 1 inch, the timbrens are not gonna help when they wont even be touching at any point ever. The issue is the plow is designed poorly, does not raise high enough.

16. DomaD

DomaD Member

and a lot of people here own businesses where strangers are calling all the time, so i dont think they will mind giving out there number.

17. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

You still have not identified what plow you have. An inch is an inch, although im guessing it sinks more than that. Adding weight behind the rear axle (called ballest) along with the timbrens would likely help, but what would I know, ive only been doing this for 20 years now...

18. dieselss

Seems odd,,,hiding something?
    Asked twice what plow and no answer. What's the big deal?

19. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

20. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

We can't help u without idea of plow and details