1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need sump base and a little help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by GSCalifornia, Mar 13, 2007.

1. GSCalifornia

GSCalifornia Junior Member

I have a Meyers E60 pump and 7.5' plastic blade plow package on my old Suburban. Had the unfortunate experience of shattering the pump cover during our last blizzard. I tore the pump apart and ordered a new pump cover. A week later the pump cover shows up and I try to put it all back together, of course I didn't draw up how I took it apart. Apparently I had something installed incorrectly and when I went to tighten the cover bolts I broke one of them out of the sump base. After slapping myself repeatedly in the forehead I realized I should have taken the nuts off and threaded the bolts into the base so I was tightening on the cover, not from the bottom.

Anyway, I see I can order a new sump base online for $110. Anyone have any experience with the quality of these replacements? Also, does anyone have any good pictures of how the rams, spacers, and seals should be installed inside the E60? The Meyers diagram isn't real clear and it just didn't seem like cylinder was going down into the sump base correctly.

After I get it back together I'll have to figure out if the pump cover failure was a result of bent bump stops, or my adjusting the blade so it dropped too quickly.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

2. LON

LON Senior Member