1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need suggestions for Warn Provantage......

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Flingit1200s, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Flingit1200s

Flingit1200s Junior Member

My 54" Provantage works very well. After finishing plowing today for the latest storm, it looks like I'll only get one or two more storms out of the wear bar/cutting edge. Please give me your thoughts on getting replacements. Thanks!

John

2. sassygrasssnow

sassygrasssnow Member

dont use metal go to rubber much more efficiant. trust me tried it all rubber is the best at fist it will bounce a little bit but after it wares it will work great i am going on 2 years with mine and we use the quad for every plow so if that tells you anything then i would switch...

3. sassygrasssnow

sassygrasssnow Member

quad plow

take a look at my pic and you will see what i am talk about rubber

4. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

:)
    Run these for 6 and 7 seasons with no ware at all. 1 1/2 thick. http://www.rubbercal.com/Poly_Blades.html :waving:

5. matstang

matstang Member

1 1/2 seems real thick. Is that really necessary? I mean I'm really wondering about doing this, but that drives the price up a bit on those! Sounds like this is the way to go instead of the steel stuff! Could I get away with 1/2 inch?

6. sassygrasssnow

sassygrasssnow Member

The price is only $10.00 a foot and it lasts a long time did you see the pic of one of my quads.

7. Flingit1200s

Flingit1200s Junior Member

When the corner of the blade hits some frozen down ice does it flex, break or break loose the ice? What are the pros and cons of the poly?

8. matstang

matstang Member

According to the prices listed on that link, if your blade is a 48 inch blade and your bar is 3 inches tall, that suckered run $112. and I'm betting that doesn't include shipping. To me that's pricey for a wear bar! I looked at your pics, but the only thing I saw was your plow pushing snow, wear bar completely covered with snow!

9. sassygrasssnow

sassygrasssnow Member

sorry yea. the rubber sides that you can see also go all the way across the front of the blade. and i dont use poly i use the same stuff i use on my push boxes.

10. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

11. matstang

matstang Member

So is that bar really 1 1/2 inches thick? Wow!?

12. paullinrt

paullinrt Junior Member

Cycle Country has better prices for plastic wear bars, but they're only half as thick:

http://www.cyclecountry.com/wear-bars/item/wear-bars/plastic-plow-wear-bars

"Plastic Wear Bars are available in 48", 54" and 60" lengths and are constructed of 3/4" Ultra High Molecular Weight plastic. Plastic Wear Bars provide excellent wear with softer impact for delicate surfaces and are great for paver stone driveways."

Has anyone tried these?

- Rick