1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need suggestion for a small blower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PerfiCut L&L, Nov 10, 2005.

1. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

Im looking for some suggestion for a small blower. Something that can handle up to 4 inches, and is light weight.

I have a few accounts that reguire siewalk work, and all my trucks have salt spreaders. To help cut down on shoveling time, I'd like to find a small light weight blower that can still be put in the bed of the truck.

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

All of my trucks get a 19" Snapper single stage blower. They are light enough for one person to get in and out. They cost less than 300.00, and I have great dealer support. Although thinking about it I have never taken any of the blowers to the dealer for work.

I do recomend that if you get a single stage blower, go to a farm supply store( we have Tractor Supply around here), and get some baler belting. I cut replacement rubber for the auger out of the belting. It lasts just as long, and costs about 1/4 the dealer price. I have a factory piece fo each item to use as a pattern....

3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

4. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

any 2 stroke with paddles will work

john

5. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I have used the single stage Toro's for years and have good luck with them.

6. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

I have a couple of Snapper single stagers and they are champs. Very light and start right up. Toro makes a nice machine also. Gotta have good support from the dealer though. Don't support the giants (Home Cheapo and Lowes). Remember, you are a small business, help keep other small businesses open.