1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Subs In N.e. Ohio ???

Discussion in 'Employment' started by infineon954, Nov 16, 2005.

1. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

I have two subs looking for work in LAKE or GEAUGA COUNTY. Pay rates at $35-45/hr, e-mail me at infinity954@hotmail.com

2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I know 35 - 45 bucks an hour is average for our area, but I cant make myself get out of bed for that kind of money. By the time I pay for my insurance, gas and repairs I prob going to make less then 10 bucks an hour. For that kind of money I stay inside and stoke the fire. Good luck in your search.....Rob

3. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

i'm available when it's not snowing here. like last week when you guys got hit, and we got about 3 flakes of snow. problem is $35 yo$45 won't cut it. it's an 1.5 hour drive for me. i bid all my accounts per push and if you average it out, it comes out to $100 to $150 per hour. how are you doing your billing, hourly or per shove. i sub'd for a guy 4 yeare ago he was paying me $55/hr. and doing all his hourly $70/hr including salt! yeah what a dumbass, needless to say the following year i had had first dibs on all of his accounts i got all the good one's, bid e'm my way now i have all the snow to shove to keep all 4 of my trucks and 2 sub's busy, and he got all of his equipment repo'd. that's what's happens when you slit your own throat. but anyhow i don't mind driving up there when you guys get hit but it's gotta be worthwhile. let me know, pete

Last edited: Nov 20, 2005
  4. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

5. Foxfire

Foxfire Senior Member

Subs

All I can say is I live in Ashtabula, Im sorry I wouldnt get out of bed for $35-$45 an hour, GOOD LUCK !!!:salute:

6. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

I think you guys are misunderstood. I don't need help. I have guys looking to sub for someone. At their experience level, I do think that $35-45 is quite acceptable, but thanx for the replies.