1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Sub Frame for Snoway MT

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by djgill, May 16, 2009.

1. djgill

djgill Junior Member

Purchased a used snoway MTD plow and and need subframe, wiring, and controller for a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 if anyone has one for sale or knows where I can find one.
    Checked at two local snoway dealers and they stated that these are unavailable for my year truck as snoway changed to a newer style mount and couldn't help me.
    Can be contacted at djgill@roadrunner.com
    Appreciate any help.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

First a MT is not heavy enough for a 2500 truck. If you are going to try to use it you need to find either a used 991000465 or a conversion kit to change over to the new mount.

3. djgill

djgill Junior Member

I was told when I bought the plow that it came off a Ram 2500. Just want it to plow my driveway.
    Trying to find a subframe which has been difficult not to mention the wiring.
    Does snoway have the conversion kit and is the wiring and controller still available?
    Thanks for the information.

4. gratebig1

gratebig1 Junior Member

i dont know if it will work but i have a subframe that was on my truck when i bought it. if it will work on yours you can have it cheap. It was for a sno-way, and it is mounted on a 94 bronco. I do not have any idea what model the blade was but if you think it might work i can find out.

5. djgill

djgill Junior Member

I appreciate the offer but I was told by snoway dealer that the frame mount was truck specific so I need to find a sub-frame for a dodge.
    Again thank you for replying and the offer.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes they do. PM me for more info. Email me at snowtech@basherandson.com for more information

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009