1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need strobe lights

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 94halftonchevy, May 29, 2006.

1. 94halftonchevy

94halftonchevy Junior Member
    from se pa

hey guys i've been around the plowing scene a little bit now and was looking to invest some more money. Does anyone know a reasonably priced set of strobe lights? How easy are they to install and does anyone know of any laws in PA about strobes in south eastern Pa? I've seen others with them but i ant to do it right and stay legal. thanks for the input.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

bought my strobes on ebay. can try strobes and more.com. easy to install
    not sure of the law in pa. but i only run them when on site or if there's a blizzard.

3. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

awdirect or where are you in se pa i have a great place in my area that we use and we have a lot of lights. as for laws i dont think there are any for amber lights or strobes in the taillights and front turn signals
  5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

AWdirect is the best place on the net IMO. You should have no problems using them during a storm or while you are plowing, just don't be dumb and run them in the middle of the day going to work and you'll be fine.
  6. 94halftonchevy

94halftonchevy Junior Member
    from se pa

thanks guys for the input does anyone use the strobes mounted in their tail lights and head lights i'm thinking of putting those on.
  7. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Do a search for post by flykelley, I did them in my 05 chevy with pictures. They are not real hard to do, but they take some time to run all the wires and keeping them neat and clean. I like whelen power packs but most are good to use. On whelens you must run the power feed and the ground all the way to the battery or it will not work. I know because didn't work and after 3 calls to whelen tech support we got it right.

Regards Mike

FRANLANDRY Junior Member

tail strobes and headlight

check out http://www.lshlights.net/ i saw a 60watt for 170.00 i have them in my 05 ram 2500 and they are awesome very bright and i have white in the front and rears and my local pd said that as long as i'm plowing they are fine
  9. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 Senior Member

i just found the thread but it doesnt show any pictures there.....:help:
    i recently installed a set of whelen strobes in my 06 chevy. just curious how and where you mounted all your stuff.
  10. JLK 1500

JLK 1500 Junior Member

Where not to mount

If your plowing or road service work there fine. If you put them in your brake light and they blink red your gonna get a ticket. There is a local truck outfitter in my area that had some free work he had to fix due to the fact that he installed a bunch of "pre wired " strobes on some tow trucks and construction vehicles. Your only allowed to use red if your law enforcement, fire fighter ( not volentire ) or ambulance in my area. A few people got it some trouble with tickets and DOT. Just what I've been told by the outfitter who had to do the work again.:nono:
  11. flykelley

Quad racer
    See if these will help you.
  12. flykelley

Hi Quad
    The site will not let me upload the same picture's again, send me a email with strobe lights in the subject line and I will email them to you. flykelley930@aol.com

Regards Mike