1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need spreader with bed access

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Look's Great, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Look's Great

Look's Great Junior Member
    from 47842

Anyone have any thoughts on a good salt spreader that will allow me to access the truck bed, I have to load a snow blower in the bed for sidewalks. Your thoughts will be appreciated.
  2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

It depends on how much you salt, if you're doing one or two commercial lots and are only using a few hundred pounds; I'd say go with a tailgate spreader and have an entire bed to work with.
    If you've got some bigger lots or use a lot of salt, I'd say go with a v box. If you have an 8' bed you should be able to get a spreader and a snowblower in front of a 2 yard salter.
  3. Robinson_Cnst

Robinson_Cnst Senior Member

I have a Snowex pivot pro 1075. Works great and allows me to use my truck bed during the week for my construction business.
  4. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

I've seen some guys running around town here with their 1 stage blowers bungie corded to the top of their v box. Obviously that would be less feasible if you are loading 2 stage blowers due to weight.
  5. Look's Great

Look's Great Junior Member
    from 47842

yes I'm using a big 28" two stage blower. I'm doing two local post offices, plowing the lot and blowing the sidewalks.
  6. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

I think snow ex and western make a swing away tgs. Either that or the boss tgs comes off really easy but that would be a pain to take it on and off ever stop
  7. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

I assume you have a plow on the front, but if you don't I've seen guys with a carrier on the front for blowers.
  8. Push

Push Junior Member

I second the Snowex pivot pro 1075. Very reliable spreader that swings away for full bed access. Holds 12-13 bags of salt.
  9. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

10. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

Yes you have to remove the spinner. Like you said it's very easy. Those carrier's are very easy to handle also.