1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need someones opinion

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by kptrkn93, Jul 31, 2010.

Tags:
  1. kptrkn93

kptrkn93 Junior Member

i have a 1993 f150 fwd. i got it when my uncle died. he had a plow on it but when you put it on and lift it up the tires point in because of the ifs in the front, i have a 1992 f250 i wanted to take the axles out of and put in my truck. but that truck has same front axle only leaf springs instead of coil. with the tires still point in with the plow or no?
    thanks if anyone can help!

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

why don't you plow wih the 250?

Seems like alot of work!

3. kptrkn93

kptrkn93 Junior Member

the 250 doesnt run and a bunch of other stuff

4. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Try heavier coils and timbrens, make sure you run enough ballast. Fisher plow?

5. kptrkn93

kptrkn93 Junior Member

the new front end has leaf springs, not coils

6. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

The 150 has coils now, correct? You can swap out heavier coils and timbrens to help with the weight. Alot easier than the axle swap. Running the right amount of ballast will help also.

7. Nismothunder

Nismothunder Junior Member

So,what your saying is that you switched from a TTB dana 44 front to a dana 50 solid axle front on your f150?Or do you want too?
    I'd live with the ttb and get bigger coils for the front.

8. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

simply put, yes, what you want to do can be done.
    but it will cost a lot more money than it is worth doing.
    you will be better off getting stronger front coil springs, and a set of air bags to go inside the springs.
    this way when you remove the plow, all you need to do is let the air out of the air bags.