1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need some unimount MVP help asap

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by fatboyNJ, Nov 27, 2011.

1. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

ok i need some help guys who have experince with these plows

first off anyone know the part number for the truck side wiring to run my 8.5 MVP on my 2001 ram? its already wired for my UNI straight but that is 9pin and the mvp is 12

i also would like to make it possible to run both the MVP and my straight blade with just the one wiring harness, i belive someone said you have to chance wires on the straight blade? anyone have any ideas of whats involved with that as well

and last i would like to replace the glass headlights with the ones you can put regular bulbs in as i would like to run HIDs in both plows, i know that its been talked about tons on here but cant seem to find the headlights, once again any help would be much appricated
    thanks for the help
    gary

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Can't help you with the wiring. Go to amazon or ebay and search your current light number with conversion, "4656 conversion" as an example. DDM tuning also has some.

3. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

thanks bud thats whati was looking for, one problem down

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

In order to run both the MVP and the straight blade you have to wire the truck for the MVP and then put and adapter between the controller and the canon plug, in the cab, to run the straight blade. I believe the control harness you need for the MVP is the 66610 That will give you the 12 pin MVP control cable. 66760K is the V plow to straight blade adapter.

Putting HID lights in the plow lights is not so simple. The first problem is thatthe nighthawks use the three wire plug system so you would have to either modify your nighthawk harness to splice it into the old plugs or switch to the three plug system. There are numerous types that will work with the H13 bulbs in the new nighthawk headlights but you need to run an extra wire from the HID igniter to the positive terminal of the battery which means an auxilury plug at the grill just for the HIDs. You can't run this wire to the motor positive terminal because it is only hot when the motor is engaged. If you want to keep the old rectangular headlight assemblies it would save you some wiring but as you say it will be a trick to find replacement bulbs that will accomadate the HIDs. Twenty years ago you could buy them anywhere but now they are harder to find.