1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need some trouble shooting and parts ordering help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by elite1msmith, Feb 9, 2011.

1. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

super long story, i had it up on another forum and got limited responses.

04 ram 2500 4x4 hemi 140k ext cab Laramie

over the summer the speedo stopped working....soon after the ABS and brake warning lights started coming on and off. the wipers will start and stop on their own. when you do shut them off, the wipers stop like 30 seconds after and its almost always in the middle of the window. twice the truck has died and not restarted, i think maybe the fuel pump wasn't kicking on. when you lock the doors with the key fob, the horn just barely sounds, way to quiet. funny thing is on damp days, everything seems to work ok. one time, all the lights went off, and everything worked perfect for 10 mins, then back on again. while sitting at the gas station the abs light will come on and then go off...the dingier will go off every 30 seconds when it does that. Most recently the drives head light doesn't work, and the pass. high beam doesnt work...and its not the bulbs...i checked. the other day, after pulling a trailer, we shut the truck off...and it would not restart. next morning it was snowing...and it started back up with no problems.

SO someone said that the PDC or FPM might be bad -- AKA fuse box

so ...A - does that make sence to anyone? is that my problem

B> if i buy a new one, can i get a used one out of any gen 3 dodge? or do i need the exact match to the truck ..IE 40 ram 2500 4x4 , hemi, power seats, power mirrors, fog lamps......and so on?

i need help on this one

Thanks