1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some tech help guys if you don't mind...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ian03, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

I just bought a 7.5 Fisher from a 95 F150 to put on my 03 Silverado 1500. I have every single piece from the old truck, but my local fisher guys say I need to drop a thousand bucks on a harness, brackets for my truck, and some kit to convert the plow from 2 plugs to 3?? Can anyone give me advice or some tech support, I can't read a wiring diagram. Can all these parts really be that different??

Thanks as usual guys.

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Check out Central Parts They sell transfer kits for moving your plow to a new truck...

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Ian,

You do need to change the mount and the truck side harness to make this work. Should be around 400 for the mount. the dealer you talked to is trying to switch you over to the isolation module which now uses 3 plugs where as the relay harness used just the 2 plugs (if i remember right the western # is 63392).

You can reuse your battery cables and motor solenoid .
    If your fisher dealer wont get you a relay harness, check with a western dealer, fisher swithced to the iso mod before western, so some western dealers still have relay kits around.

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Is the lift cylinder seperate from the pump or is it on the pump?I'll give you some part numbers when we find out what pump you have,i just finished a Chevy remount this afternoon and can tell you if you have the SEHP pump (lift ram on the pump)your total parts are under $650 for EVERYTHING you need.

5. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

Hey Arc Burn

What info do you need off of it? I will be going to see it at lunch and I will get some numbers off of it or whatever it is you need.

I found a used mount kit from a fisher dealer for 200 bucks. All that is left is the wiring I guess. Everything is on the plow, there is nothing motor driven if that is what you mean. It currently has a 2 plug setup, I think he is trying to get me to the 3 plug deal with the EForce maybe?? I don't speak Fisher that well, YET.

Thanks alot guys.

6. Arc Burn

2 Plug is the relay set-up,question is do you want to drop the $$ to convert to E-Force,it is more reliable but a little more money,your call from here.For what it's worth,your dealers original price of around $1000 for the complete set up with new mounts is right on the money for the E-Force.

7. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

It may be but come on, A grand for a used plow and then another for the crap to make it fit??? I don't care about the Eforce, is there a cheaper way?
    This is my plow truck this year, I will get that Ford I almost bought by next winter. Just want the least dough out of pocket right now.

8. Arc Burn

Thats why i don't deal with used plows my boy!By the time you find one worth buying and then get the proper mount kit then get it installed,you coulda bought a new one with 2 year warranty.
    Yes,there is a cheaper way,go with the relay style wiring harness,i can get you part numbers tomorrow.Do you have a controll?That will save you $100 if you do.Should be able to do the wiring for under$300 if you have a controll already.

9. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

The new body style GMs along with others use "negative to exite" headlights and are not compatible with older "negative ground" plow lights.
    We had one truck a few years ago that I wired the plow lights staight to a 3 way toggle switch so that Iwould not have to buy an adapter.

10. Arc Burn

It's all included in the wiring harness he's going to buy,Don't sweat that one Ian!

11. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

Arc Burn

Yes sir, I have every part off of the F150, all harnesses, control box, everything. I found the correct mount kit for my truck used for 200 instead of 400 new, so that was sweet. Now I have to do some wiring. I have a bunch of fisher numbers at work but don't know what to get. Thanks for helping me out man, this was starting to scare me a little.

12. Arc Burn

It's a walk in the park Ian,i'll give ya my phone# when you get going,i've done a bunch of them,i'm gonna cross reference some part #'s tomorrow,i think i have a Western kit that i can swing you a deal on if you like.

13. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

Awesome man, that would be great. Like I said i don't mean to sound cheap but wasn't expecting this much cash when I bought the used plow. I was thinking a couple hundred for the brackets and the same for wiring. Looks like you might make that happen, thanks a bunch for the help.

14. Arc Burn

Looks like i screwed up(you to Crash!) a phone call to a wise man at Fisher confirmed that we cannot use the relay harness,It has nothing to do with the negative excite like mentioned,just Chevy changing the wiring from 02-03'.Check your PM's,i'll get ya out of this as cheap as possible.