1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some pros opinions

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 02Chevy, Nov 29, 2007.

1. 02Chevy

02Chevy Junior Member

I just got a call from an old friend and he has two lots he wants me to push and his parents house. i have never tried to bid out my own work for the winter i have always salted for the company i use to work for and this year i was sub contracting for my new job. i want to go out on my own next year so this is a good step for me 2 get this. i was just wondering in general if i should just price it out per push so i can get an idea of how to bid on things next year?

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo Senior Member
    from nw ohio

just my opinion...

working for friends and family is a bad idea......... too close to home, something goes wrong, you could loss the friendship, which in my opinion is much more valuable then money

3. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

wheres it at? and family and friends can be picky or they can be the people u never worry about cause they no during a storm it gets tough. but u make it seem like u havent heard from this guy in awhile so just run with it. give him a per push this year because u dont know the winter will be around here. and theres a couple guys from cleveland area u could always tell the guy about one of them and then get it back next year.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I would do it per push. Make sure everything is discussed before the first snow. If it doesn't work out then you don't have to refund money and may still have a friendship. Good luck

5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I would do it per push and see how it goes for this year. then you will know what to expect next year. They cant get mad at you if get them in a contract and they pay all this money and we dont get a lot of snow, Please snow A LOT. If you need any help bidding the property give me a call and I will go take a look at it with you. Im based out of lakewood. my name is Aaron 419-290-0230. Good luck

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007