1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some part numbers!!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by linycctitan, Dec 5, 2009.

1. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Just got a screaming deal on a complete off truck unimount setup. Since this is just the off truck side, I'm looking for parts or part numbers for what I need to hook this up to a 2004 Chevy 1500. It's a 7.5' blade if that matters. Thanks in advance.

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

63300 mount
    63392 harness if relay
    27781 harness if iso

4. linycctitan

Thanks for the info so far guys. Another quick question though as I am new to Western (except for the old school conventionals), the "off truck" is a 2 plug set up, but how do I tell or does it matter if I use the relay or module harness?

5. twinman326

Talking about the plow side or the truck side?

Plow side (u can see the pins)
    There are two harness, one for the battery, and one for the light, relay, controller setup..The one for the headlights, look inside the plug (plow side) and you will see pins. Count the pins and that will tell if the harness is a 9pin or a 12pin.

These are the two numbers I took from crash935 post and look them up for you.

63392 is a 9pin head light kit.
    27781 is for a harness kit and adapter for a 4 port iso module 2 wire.

The link I posted (post #2)the 11x17 poster shows the electrical.

This link will give you an idea of the lay out for relay .Look at pg 66- (I believe this would be your relay setup), Pg #35 n #36 for the 4port. I would hold on to this pdf.

http://www.westernplows.com/pdfs/22373.07_110108_for_web.pdf

This is what the mount look like (#63300)
    http://www.westernplows.com/pdfs/63352_100102.pdf

6. just me

just me Member

I hope you're screamin deal was better than mine cause the mount you need is the same one I had to track down a month ago. They have been discontinued for several years and are hard to find and run around $600. !!! I went to Western's site and started calling every listed dealer around me and found one a few hundred miles away at a reasonable price.
    Good luck........:nod:

7. twinman326

8. just me

just me Member

He only has 1, 2 have been sold. That is ONLY the mount too. Add another $100 for the bolt bag with pins and hardware.!!! I was quoted $600 for an used one complete by another member on here.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

First of all, you can not run a 9 pin relay harness on an '03 or newer GM. They require a 12 pin setup if you're planning to stick with a relay harness (which your plow side will be since it's two plug). But unfortunately you'll likely find that the plow side is 9 pin. So, no matter what you do you'll need to purchase everything 12 pin for BOTH the truck and plow side, OR update to an Iso setup which will also require everything for the truck as well as a three plug Iso conversion to the plow as well.

No matter which way you go it won't be inexpensive by any means. And that's not counting the mount.

10. just me

just me Member

I have the 12 pin plow light harness I had to replace with a 9 pin. I will sell it for much less than a new one and it's in very good condition. No cuts or repairs and all the factory terminals in place. Let me know if you are interested in it.

11. jome65

jome65 Member

bought a unimount for my 96 chevy 1500 plow side only,had to buy a ultra mount mount truckside $443.00 and a uinmount conversion kit $225.00 just to mount it.then you have the truckside harness,seloind.power cables,joystick to pay for.Angelosplowparts had the cheepest prices good luck!!

12. linycctitan

Wow, thanks for all the input and info guys. I'll know a bit more about it in the next day or 2, as we havent picked it up yet. As for how good the deal was, it was $150, and it is really very clean. No rot, or even peeling paint, the cutting edge looks almost new, it's just a bit weathered from sitting outside. It was my friends brother-in-law's, who barely used it, then sold the truck to a guy that didn't want the plow but "forgot" to take the stuff off of the truck before it went. Now he just wanted it out of his yard. I'll keep you all posted on the progress.

13. linycctitan

So I might need to change the plow side of the harness as well?
    Please PM me with what you have and how much you are looking to get. Thanks.

14. just me

just me Member

At a buck and a half, yeah, you can afford to get it working....:nod: I payed way more for my beat up piece of crap...:mad:
    PM sent with harness number and price...:)

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes you'll have to change it no matter which way you go, either 12 pin relay or an Iso system.

16. B&B can you please call me tonight if you can. I am in need of some help but can't explian it in words. Cell 708 670 8504. Thanks so much russ

17. dealswithidiots

dealswithidiots Junior Member

i just did basically this same thing the other day without having to change the plow side will probably run about $1100 without plowside harness if you buy everything new from a western dealer

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Phone calls are 4.99 per minute. PM's are free. :D

19. just me

just me Member

This is off topic, but you need a new long distance provider...:eek: Seriously, we pay 5 CENTS a minute and have had them for several years now. The bill comes to your email, you go to their secure website to pay with a cc and done. Never see paper and we've never had an issue.

20. linycctitan

Ok, Picked up the plow and it is in fact a 9 pin setup. My question is this, can I go with the 12 pin relay setup to save some coin? Any reliability differences between relay vs. iso?