1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some insight bout plowing with a stick? cj5?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by gunsworth, Sep 18, 2009.

1. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

How bad is it? Was thinkin bout putting a plow on my yj with the 2.5 when I came a cross a CJ5 with a 304 4spd and plow with only 25,000 miles. deal maker here is he is willing to trade me for a mower I have been trying to sell forever. This will not be my main vehicle it will be for my guys to hit drives while I am doing lots. I only had 35 drives last year and just sent them with snow blowers, this year I already know I will have quite a few more and will need another plow. I just have all sorts of crap to figure out and am just looking on insight on all I just posted

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Love CJ5 in drives. Turn on a dime and give you a nickel back. If it's in good shape jump on it.

3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I never plowed with a CJ It will turn sharper than a YJ the 4 CYL has plenty of pep for plowing. I have driven CJs I hate them for driving on road, off road they have less wheel travle than YJ the frame is weeker than the YJs. I would not want to be stuck in a CJ plowing for hours.

JMO

4. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

decided to ditch the cj idea and sell the mower and just dump more into my YJ. Is there a mount that will allow me to keep my winch in place? Id like to keep summerizing it to a minimum

5. kmac

kmac Member

If you change your mind I would go for it. I plowed for years with a CJ5 and a CJ7-both 3 spds(stick was never an issue) around 75-80 driveways plus a couple of small lots. They were both set up with plows on the back and front. Really a great plow vehicle!

6. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I don't know why some threads won't let me post pictures of my Jeep, but search "Setting up the Jeep" and you'll see my TJ with a winch and Western Unimount plow.

Plowmeister - any word on that part number yet?