1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some input from the pros!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by PPS. inc, Oct 20, 2009.

1. PPS. inc

PPS. inc Member
    from Earth

Hey guys, I have got a bunch of res. accounts that I am not worried about. I have one house that has a deep ditch on both sides of the drive and is off the main rd. I really dont know where to put the snow. I will try to get pics tom on my lawn route. Also, I have a gas station that I always get my gas. The owner said "plow the snow" I said "OK" tossed out the number that jumped in my head and then added $30. This gas station has 5 inch curbs all the way around it. Where do you put the snow? Dont wanna pinch hoses trying to go over the curb. Do you build piles then keep pushing the bulk over? or will it be a situation of parking space lose?

Awesome site! Learned alot from the ones I hope are going to post back with some info. Its addicting reading old posts.

No joke, I have looked for the "search button" like 10 times. Give me the location!

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

How about asking the gas station manager where the previous contractor stacked the snow?

3. PPS. inc

PPS. inc Member
    from Earth

The old guy was terrible. Often late n did terrible wrk. He had piles blocking view of traffic. Clearly didnt know what he was doing. He was doing the lot for more than half of what I bid. I bet he didnt have insur. or was even in "business." Dont want my wrk to look anything like his did.

4. grassgator

grassgator Junior Member

dont you need rubber cutting edge for gas stations?

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

No. Steel edges work just fine.

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The drive with deep ditches is easy. Plenty of stakes right at the crest, and get over tight. The snow will fall right in. For the gas station, you will probably have to lift the blade as you approach the curb. You'll get it after a while.

7. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

look at the gas station lot, look for a drain in the lot, and suggest that a parking stall near it is a good place for a pile of snow to be kept. that way when i melts, there well be very little ice on the road where the melting is occuring.

8. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

The Search button is 2 1/2 inches from your first post. There are 2 grey strip areas. One closest to your post says Search This Thread and the next one up says Search. It is not hard finding the button but fiinding your information may be a little more difficult.

Good luck.

9. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

It's right here.

Seaarch function.jpg

MJD, maybe you could leave it this time since he asked. :cool:

Seaarch function.jpg

10. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

:laughing::laughing:
    Maybe make this a sticky too!!

11. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

cretebaby, i hate to refute your post, but for the first while the search button wasn't available for me either, i looked along the top, but i don't think it showed up until i became a full member

12. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

lol I love the post in that picture about MarkO pricing per keg/case/bottle! :laughing:

13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I'm color blind, could you use something other than red and yellow to outline it?

14. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

That is one of the funniest posts I've seen. Although I think he might have been low balling a bit :laughing: