1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some Information

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Broncslefty7, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

good afternoon. im kind of in an odd situation here. for the past 8 years all we have done is commercial snow removal for restaurants, warehouses, etc. etc. etc. currently i have two condo associations requesting bids. now i am assuming that they require a different style bid that i would submit to small businesses. any advice on how to format these bids or any disclaimers? they are looking for a seasonal price for roads, driveways, and walk ways. i could really use almost like a template. any information would be great. Thanks Guys!

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Do they have a spec sheet? Then you can work your bid like you normally do. If you get this bid make sure the only person in charge has your phone number ,not everyone.

3. Broncslefty7

no, no spec sheet. last year we acted as a sub for a 900 unit complex and somehow my cell got out. it was terrible.

These are the two properties.

newington ridge.jpg

collier farms.jpg

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  4. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Whooo boy! There's some work in those two!

Only way I can figure it is to calculate hours per piece of equipment and per man x the hourly rate for each. Then extrapolate.

Shooting from the hip, the second one, $6100 per push / blow / shovel / sand & salt. Sounds absurd, but I figured 25 each drive, 17 each walk, 350 for roads, 35 per unit sand & salt. Tossed in a few hundo per for sand & salt the roads.
    I honestly wonder if I am even close?

5. Broncslefty7

you know what. the numbers are close to what i figured but, if i told them 6100 per push the would freak out, with a seasonal price it would make a bit more sense to them.

6. Broncslefty7

im thinking first property, 1 bobcat with kage system, i pick up with plow/sander and a side walk crew. 2nd one im going to go with 2 bobcats, 1 side walk crew, probly a pick up with plow and a 550 with plow/sander.

7. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

In the second one a loader with a kage or other pusher might be better, then the bobcat with the kage or backdrag pusher for the driveways. My father did a site like that the past 2 years he ran the loader with a pusher to put all the snow in parking spots then haul it out of the spots after the storm. There was a skid for the driveways but wasnt used for them it just helped the loader, the sidewalk crew did the driveways, which was a stupid idea because they ended up putting everything in the road instead of the lawn. Just my .02

8. Broncslefty7

my loader is a 89 Kase 680 2wd. with an extenda hoe. its on its way out lol. i have a FL70 with plow sander i can put on both properties for the roads. im thinking i can probly do both without investing in a loader unless i can get one cheap at auction in new jersey in november.

9. dodgegmc1213

Rent? Put it into the bid price. If you can plow to the sides that would be alot easier

10. Broncslefty7

yeah we can. we dont need to haul or stack to a certain area.

11. dodgegmc1213

To bad you cant get more like the 1st one just straight push in each road way lol

12. Broncslefty7

idk, that second one doesnt seem too too bad, there are 2-3 places we can stack on property if needed, google earth doesnt show it but theres about a 40x40 in the top left corner we can use. but im think push the roads like you would do state roads and then clean drives with kage bobcats. it should work fine.

13. dodgegmc1213

Deff should, as long as the sidewalk crew stays on the walks do to the windrow from the plow onto the walks, they look really close to the road

14. Broncslefty7

yeah on second property theres 3.5 to 4 ft.

15. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I would think a couple of Ag tractors with blowers could follow the plows, and deposit the snow into the green spaces.

16. Broncslefty7

sigh... first picutre all cobblestone curbing, second picture all cobblestone walk ways.

17. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Get yourself a jeep with a back blade.don't need a plow on it pull snow into street and push it to the end with a skid or small loader.