1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some info

Discussion in 'SnowMan SnowPlows' started by fulltiltwill, Oct 12, 2005.

1. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Looking into a pull plow. Need info good, bad, and the ugly. I have a 00 K2500 and use a tailgate spreader. Looking to do my residential and loading docks. What else are they good at. Enlighten me please.

2. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Hey Will,

I don'y have any info for you on a pull plow, but my wife would probably classify under "Ugly"! :eek:

3. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

pretty sad

So if nobody is using snowman back blades, than what are people using. You would think with them being a manufacture sponser there would be more info available other than what is on there web site. Oh well

4. 94Yota

94Yota Junior Member

I used a driveway super plow to plow 5 drives and my wifes small parking lot. It worked out great...go to www.superplow.com I think that's the site name. I've never plowed wife a front blade so I really can't compare the two.

5. plowsled

plowsled Junior Member

same here with my wife:drinkup:

6. QualityKutz01

QualityKutz01 Junior Member

Snowman Backblade

I have used a snowman backblade for the past three years. There are definately pros and cons to that company. Its cheaper than most of the other blades you will find out there. Its nice to have the whole plow trip when you hit something like a grate or a manhole! The dissadvantages to the blade is if you get a lot of snow behind you it will sometimes trip and you will lose your load of snow. If you even have any snow there considering they only make a 7ft. wide blade. Now if you have a 7ft front blade thats great but when you have a wider blade it kinda defeats the purpose on the bigger wide open lots because it won't can't any overflow. But like I said it has its ups and downs....Oh yeah, you mentioned you where going to do loading docks. No matter what kind of truck you have you had better be carefull of getting hung up. When you back into a dock and pull out you have to lower the blade more as you go up the incline. If you don't watch it...You will lift the back end of your truck up off the ground if you don't raise the blade as you come out of the dock. Just some advice......If you have any other questions feel free to e-mail me at QualityKutz01@Comcast.net
    -Chris

Last edited: Nov 11, 2005
  7. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

The down pressure will actually scrape up ice. The ballast is good for your truck, too. I got one to work with a rear spreader. 543 pounds for the big commercial rig. The solenoid sucks but I changed it out to a better one.