1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some info!!

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by uawphil, Nov 14, 2010.

1. uawphil

uawphil Junior Member
    from MI

i got a plow from a buddy that owed me some $$$ so i figured i will try and make some $$$ with it! i have a 05 3500 SRW crew cab 8 foot bed. 6.6 duramax, my question is i would like to have some magnetic signs made for my truck so i can do a few driveways and make a little $$$$ on the side, on the signs all i was going to put is (snowplowing, and my cell #) do u guys think i will get messed with by the law? because of the magnetic signs? or do i need a dot # and business name? or u guys think i should just have magnetic signs made up and dont worry
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't know the laws in Michigan, but down here in Ohio, it probably wouldn't be much of a problem. However, from what I have heard, I don't think I would try it there. Michigan is hurting for money, and is going after every infraction they can find to add to the general fund.
  3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

and make sure to get the proper insurance, your reg. policy does not cover snowplowing.
  4. alwayssharp

alwayssharp Junior Member

if you will be under 10,000lbs you dont need dot in mi