1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some info please

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Mowman62531, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

I recently purchased a 2007 NBS GMC 1500 standard cab 4wd. I am going to install a 7.5 MVP plus poly and was wondering in anyone could help me with part #'s for Ultra mount brackets for truck side, wiring for truck side, and any other part #'s I might need? I already checked Quick match, and yes, I know western says it can't be done, but it is going to happen:nod:. Thought I would pick your brains here for some help.

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

You need to provide your VIN # to be sure and need to know box length & what kind of headlamps you have too. Pull one of your headlamp bulbs and read the number HB3 / HB5 etc. That is essential to be sure you get the correct headlamp harness. Also speicify if you have two headlamps or four.

With the limited information you provided I was able to come up with the basics but that is by guessing at the unknowns so don't order until you fill in those blanks above.

Blade = 44575-1
    Veh Mount = 67981-2 (not sure on this, need VIN & engine size)
    AQ&L = 44225-1
    Headlamp harness = 29048 (not sure until I know the headlamp type)
    3 port Iso module = 29070-1
    Joystick control = 96400

This will be the ultramount system with two plugs between vehicle and plow. This system has no power relay under the hood and the pump / valve body is enclosed inside the black plastic shroud.

Give those details and I can figure out a solution that works.

3. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

:salute:Thank you for your help! It is a 6.5 bed, VIN is 1GTEK14J97Z21295, HB3 headlamps, and 5.3 for a engine.

4. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

Also has 4 headlamps instead of two.

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

western says it shouldn't be done. a set of timbrens and torsion bar adjustment would go a long way. ballast in the rear end will help a lot also.

6. mishnick

1GTEK14J97Z21295 This VIN is no good. Must be 17 characters not 16. Unfortunately there are three different types of 1500s made in 2007 so I need the correct VIN to get the right mount. Recheck the number on your registration where it will be clear. The sticker on the door jam is often worn and hard to read. Get the right number and we can continue.....

7. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

Sorry about that! :eek: 1GTEK14J97Z521295

8. mishnick

I need one more piece of information to get this right. You need to look in the glove box for the model number sticker to determine if the truck is a "Classic" or an "All new" model.

In the glove box there will be a sticker or plate with a number on that looks something like this: K10903 or K15903. Both will start with a K but then the second number after the K will be either a 0 or a 5.

0 = All New and the 5 = the Classic.

I need to know this because both the headlamp harness and the mounts are different for these two models.

Sorry for making you run so much but I want to give you the correct part numbers.

9. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

It is the "All new" body style. 0 on the sticker.

10. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

This is what I come up with. except for the blade #

Mount = 31599
    Mod = 29070-1
    Headlamp harness = 29400-2
    Joy stick = 96800

31599mount.jpg

3harness.jpg

31599mount.jpg

3harness.jpg

11. mishnick

I agree with twinman with two question.... First I found two possibilities for mounts 31599 and 31553. One is for a suberbanite and the other for the HTS. I know it is for an MVP plus poly but quickmatch doesn't offer that, it only offers those two plows so why the 99?

Second, you show a schematic for a relay system when I thought the plus plow had the two cable system where the relay is on the plow under the plastic cover? Tell me if I am wrong....

Blade = 44575-1
    Mount = 31599 / 31553
    Aq&l = 44225-1
    Light harness = 29400-2
    Iso module = 29070-1
    Joystick = 96400

12. mishnick

I am a bit concerned about the fact that quickmatch only offers those two light plows (HTS and Suburbanite) Sounds to me like this "all new" might have a very light front end or perhaps the mount is just not strong enough to handle a bigger plow. I noticed that the same truck, same year, Classic version accepts the MVP plus poly and uses the 67960-1 mount. I don't yet know how to find pictures of the mounts like twinman posted above or I would look at the difference between them. Maybe twinman could get us a diagram of that mount???

13. mishnick

I tried again and found that Classic mount. I will try to post it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  14. mishnick

Looking at the two mounts I see that the classic version does not extend down so far as the all new. Bolting right up against the frame will make the classic much stronger and eliminates those extension plates. Never the less the all new version will still do the job. Just keep in mind that you need to do regular inspections to look for cracks.

Now that I know how to find diagrams based on part numbers I had a look at the two mounts I metioned above and answered my own question. The 31533 is for what they call the personal plow, I think that is the HTS and will not work for you. Twinman was correct with the 31599 mount. It's the only one that will work for you on the MVP plus poly.

Wow... this is sure a good exercise! I have learned more doing this "force feed" than I ever expected. Thanks guys for the challange.