1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some info on wings for plow?!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Fisher II, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Fisher II

Fisher II Senior Member

I have a Chevy 3500 hd diesel dump ton and half 2wd. I just got a sweet deal on a Fisher 8ft plow, was gonna mount on new pickup, but instead was thinking of putting it on my dump. Problem is the dual rear wheels vs. the width of the 8ft plow. Do these turkey wings extend the width of the plow? Are they any good? durable? cost?Thanks for any input :waving:

2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

The turkey wings do not make the plow wider. The pro wings will though. And I believe there is another company that makes a type of pro wing. Maybe you could just get a 9' blade for the frame.

3. JMR

JMR Senior Member

We put a 7.5' Meyer on a Chevy 1 ton dually added Pro-wings to it and it works just fine. The pro-wngs added almost 2' to the blade width and will make moving piles around and cleanup go much faster. A super inexpensive way to widen your blade.

4. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Just remove the outside tires in the back and run single rear wheels, then problem solved. :nod: