1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some info on light bars

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Mackman, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

I really dont know much about lights. But as soon as snow season is over im going to start to build a kickass plow truck. So i wanna start buying the things i need now.

Im looking at full size light bars for my 2004 f-350. I like the whelen towman bars. With the brake lights and turn singles built in the bar.

Im think a Towman Freedom LED or the Towman Liberty. Im leaning more towards the towman freedom. With a couple added on LED Modules.

My limit on a light bar is around 1500.00 give or take. What do think about the whelen towman bars?? BTW where would be the best place to buy them online. Thanks again.

2. dodgefan99

dodgefan99 Junior Member
    from RI

Strobes n more has the 60 inch towman bars, justice and liberty. The liberty goes for 1600 fully loaded with ECONOMY linear leds (only four leds per head instead of six). They also have the fully loaded liberty sx bars that are fully loaded, includes takedowns and alleys and are the police type 6 led heads for 1700 if you call them. They come in either 48 inch or 54. If you can do without the brake tail turns then I recommend one of the sx bars. Spend the extra money and get the best of the best. The bar has everything... takedowns, alleys, cruise lights as well as a built in traffic advisor.

Imho, the big tow bars will look foolish on the truck. And a freedom bar with extra modules will be over it your price mark anyways.

3. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Thanks for your input. Im putting a flatbed on the truck. I had a 96 f-350 with the freedom bar on a backrack and i thought it looked good.

AW Direct has the bar for 1249.00 and a pair of add on modules is 209.00.

http://www.awdirect.com/whelen-led-...68-watts-amber-wb88a/LED-full-size-lightbars/

Im still thinking this over. I like the look of the freedom bars. Bugt then again im thinking i should get with the times and buy one of the slim bars.

4. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Townman liberty would look awesome

5. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Email me and I'll price you out a freedom. We stock the Libert and Justice.