1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need some ideas!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ohara192, Jan 26, 2012.

1. ohara192

ohara192 Junior Member

I have a Cat 247b track machine skid steer with an 8ft boss plow on it, i plow student off campus apartment rentals at a local collage, being in a collage town there is a lack of places to push snow, im consistantly in very tight areas close to buildings, walls, stairs dumpsters and unmoved cars. after i plow with the machine i have to switch to a bucket and remove snow or get creative with it. where i keep the machine when its not in use it pretty far from where i plow and same with some of the other buldigns i have to plow.
    i am looking for a way i can some how quickly attach the bucket to the front of the plow just to transport the bucket from point A to point B. i have a variety of ideas such as using a hook system or cable system. it would be great if i did not have to completly stop and get out of the machine.
    open to suggestions. thanks!:drinkup:

2. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

many ways can be modded to make it happen, but have you concidered putting scoop extensions on the blade? you could then move the snow anywhere you want as it would hold the snow in. if you post some pics of your setup and how it all hooks up im sure we coudl give some ideas,,, once we see what we are doing.
    [​IMG]

btw, these were pretty cheap. 106 plus shipping. cheaper for me since i live here and get deals :D