1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by B&E snowplowing, Oct 5, 2008.

1. B&E snowplowing

B&E snowplowing Senior Member

HELP !!! I have the E60 pump with the night sabre lights. Pulled it out this weekend to get it cleaned up and ready, but guess what, no power. Lights on the touch pad won't come on, Plow won't move headlights don't work.....Nothing works.

So I checked all the wiring and noticed a Blue wire that went from the touch pad to an line fuse was blown so, I replaced it.... New fuse (10amp) blew right away...

I used a screw driver and jumped the solenoid and the pump started running, so I know that the pump isn't screwed.

I just need to figure out what going on with the electrical....If anyone has a good trouble shooting guide along with the wiring diagram it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    B&E

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It pops the fuse as soon as you install it?...or not until you actually turn the touch pad on?

3. B&E snowplowing

It pops the fuse as soon as you turn the ignition on. I have figured out that if I disconnect the switch for the headlights (the switch that I have to use for either plow lights or truck lights) then it will not pop the fuse, and the touch pad lights up, but I still have no power... I can hit any button on the touch pad and nothing happens. I don't even get a clicking sound from the solenoid.

Thanks
    Brian
    B&E

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What type of mounting system is it...EZ-classic or EZ-Plus/MDll? Sounds like you have more than one issue as your plow lights and control harness are two separate systems.

The blue wire w/ the inline fuse should go to your touch pad harness. Should also have a purple power wire from the fuse panel to your plow light switch...correct?

If the TP is lighting up then it has power, may just be a defective underhood solenoid. But the TP itself can be defective also. Check to see if it's sending power out to the solenoid on the white wire with a test light while a helper holds either the raise or angle left or right functions.

5. B&E snowplowing

I have the EZ-Plus system. Your right the blue wire w/ the inline fuse goes to the touch pad, and the purple wire goes from the plow light switch to the BLUE wire (where it is spliced together).

When I put a new fuse in the inline fuse holder and turn on the ignition I blow the fuse right away. If I remove the purple wire from the switch, install a new fuse, turn on the ignition the touch pad will light up, but nothing happens when I hit the buttons.

Got some help, kept the purple wire off the switch, had the touch pad light up and had a helper bush the raise button while I check with a test light on the white wire. No power. Used a screw driver and jumped both terminals on the solenoid, plow motor started to run. Thought I had a bad solenoid, went out bought new one....STILL same problem. I am so confused.

Everything worked fine when stored in the spring...Check my local dealer for cost on new touch pad. $400.00 plus taxes.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure sounds like a shorted TP to me...happens quite a bit with them. Disconnect the touch pad where its plugged into the harness and see if it still pops the fuse.

Is it the newer style TP with the soft raised arrows?

7. B&E snowplowing

Yes it still pops the fuse and yes it is the newer style touch pad.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then the harness has to be shorted out somewhere between the fuse and the TP connector plug...or the switch for the plow lights is shorted (since both the TP and light switch power wire are tied together at the fuse panel)...in other words it's in the harness.

And i can tell you if the harness shorts out, it usually takes the TP out with it.

Did you try disconnecting the harness plug right at the plow? They'll corrode internally in that multi pin connector and cause all kinds of weired troubles as well.