1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Snowpower, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Ok...I think I blew out the crossover relief valve on a meyer e60.

It wont angle left and you can move the blade side to side by hand with limited pressure.

Also. I have an MD11 mount. The one with the blue and yellow handle pins. Well the clevis has come free from and out in front of the plate it rides under that the chains connect to. Is this a bent A-Frame?

I know its hard to tell not looking at it but any thoughts would be appreciated, and how hard is it to change a complete crossover valve. I have the kit but it looks spooky.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

By your description it could have damaged the cross over. Or blew an O-ring off the C valve or even damaged the C valve to the point that it's stuck open. Have to pull both and see.

The multi piece crossovers can be intimidating and can be difficult to reassemble in the correct sequence and getting all the components assembled in the correct orientation.

Meyer does make a one piece cross over now you could install if thats what ended up as the problem. They're not any better, just easier to change :rolleyes:.

If the sector is out from under the chain plate you better find out why soon.. because if it's due to the pivot hole being worn in the sector or nose plate on the end of the A-frame, the whole moldboard/sector assembly will detach from the A-frame unannounced..not good.

Once you get it to angle, have someone angle it back and forth and watch the pivot point between the sector and the A-frame. If the pivot hole is worn severely you should be able to see the sector moving around on the nose plate.
  3. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Thank you B.

I do believe thats exactly whats happening. I considered the c valve being stuck open too but think its the C.O. Valve but I understand that if the Crossover goes sometimes it can damage the C valve by making it swell and stick open giving you a double whammy.

I do believe the frame is bent and weak near the pivot point causing the clevis to seperate from the chain plate.

The piece I have to replace the Crossover is a bunch of o-rings, springs, the needle valve etc etc so its not the one piece unit.

I'm going to get some help on this tomorrow. Unfortunately it's a little out of my relm to repair properly at this point and I want the C.O set at the right psi. as well.

Thanks again.

You're very helpful.
  4. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Nice. A-frames are roughly 350 dollars.

BB....generally speaking its the a-frame pivot point that goes bad and not the sector. Correct? Point being Id hate to have to change the sector as well. I gues we really wont know till we look at it closer.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Generally they wear the sector out first on the newer stuff that have the extra bushing welded on the nose plate under the bolt head...but can still wear the A-frame just the same. You'll need to pull it apart first to know for sure.

Both can be repaired rather than replaced either way. Much less expensive that way.
  6. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

But time is of the essence as more events are on the way this week. Im sure the holes can be welded and machined and I'll save the used parts for refurbishing.

I'll inspect the pivot points on the sector and frame closer tomorrow am. It is an older MD2 plus mount, probably circa 2000 or 2001 or so. Bought it used in 05.

I'll see if it has an extra support bushing in the frame, but I dont think it does. It looks pretty vulnerable. Im hoping to get away with just a frame and not have to replace the sector.

Plows old, stuffs wearing thin. I did have the pump rebuilt in fall.....But I put this standard blade through its paces and it gets used.

Probable scenario/plan is this....dropping the pump off tomorrow to be tested and fixed, and picking up a new a-frame if its in stock. Dissasseble, reassemble with all new bolts for the rams, pivot, new chain ubolts for the chain plate.

I have time to play with the frame....even if it's not perfect by the time Im done, IE needing a new sector but I have to have this at least functional.

We'll make it right.

Really appreciate your thoughts and experience on the issue.