1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pcs, Sep 10, 2001.

1. pcs

pcs Senior Member

I know you guy's can't help me to well without seeing the lot but I would apperciate your responses. I got a call tonight for a quote and they want it tomorrow. I went to see the lot and I don't know what to quote. They lot is pretty easy, lots of room to stack snow. It has about 300 parking spaces in 4 rows and 25 bay doors that all have to be back dragged. I was thinking it will take 4 hours with 2 trucks. One a F-350 with a 8' 6" v and a F-150 with a 7' 6" straight. I was going to charge 1900.00 per month Can. That's planning for 15 snow events. What do you think to much? To little?

2. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Thats 8 hrs per event times 15 events per month?

If that is correct, then it works out to $15.83 per hour, which is a little low for my market. (But I would hire you to sub for that :) )

If it is 15 events per year, and you charged for Dec-Mar, thats $63.33 per hour on an average. That is 1/2 of what I would bid it at here.