1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help....

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Humvee27, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

I'm looking to use an E-47 pump that I got to power a back blade up and down.....was thinking about just using the angle portion to do it....my problem is that I have no idea how to wire it using just toggle switches to activate that...will it have enough power too?....any suggestions?:mechanic: thanks for the help.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Controlling the angle is easy, just need a double pole double throw momentary toggle. Motor only in one direction, motor and C valve activation together in the other direction. Although I don't think you'll find the E47 to be adequate enough for the job. Not really the best choice.

3. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

Why not use the up and down as is .. be better or are you going to use a double acting for power down. Tryed to find the wireing on the Meyer site but have not located yet ,,,,,,

4. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

The thought process is that I was going to use the power angle so that I had power up and down...better for getting packed snow up....the pump happened to be a really good find so I couldn't pass it up...if I don't use it for this I was going to use it for the stump grinder project I'm building and use it there in it's original form...up/down and angle...I have the double throw momentary toggle so I'll be testing it today...the back blade at this point with no paint and most of the wing down is around 275lbs at this point. thanks for the help guys...I'll let you know where I wind up with this.

5. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

6. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

That'll work perfect....thanks for the help guys....I wired her up and it's working good...now I've got to take it all apart again for paint and have to add the lights after that....I'll be posting on here when I get her done. Time for some :drinkup:...thanks again.