1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help with this one

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Z Cut's Lawncare, Oct 14, 2010.

1. hey guys i need some help with this one i bought a 2005 ford f-350 off a buddy about 7 months ago and no i have a landscaping company that i started last year but my work truck i had the motor went along with the tranny and i dont have the money to fix it nor get a new truck so want to put a plow on this one just to get me throw the winter and make the money to get my new truck the only problem is that it has a 8 inch lift kit on it and i dont have the stock parts to bring it back to stock high and thing i can do with out fabricating a custom mount?

2. Loni1113

Loni1113 Senior Member
    from Utah

you should start by reposting what you tried to say, but in the re-post you should use periods (.), and commas (,). That way people will know what it is you are trying to say. I tried reading it a few times and it still doesnt make sense to me.

3. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

Get on some of the diesel truck forums and ask around . There are plenty of guys that would swap your lift for their stock setup.

4. hey guys i need some help with this one i bought a 2005 ford f-350 off a buddy about 7 months ago and now i have a landscaping company that i started last year. but my work truck i had the motor went along with the tranny and i dont have the money to fix it nor get a new truck, so want to put a plow on the 2005 ford just to get me throw the winter and make the money to get my new truck. the only problem is that it has a 8 inch lift kit on it and i dont have the stock parts to bring it back to stock high and thing i can do with out fabricating a custom mount?

5. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

You will most likley have to fabricate something, I know the western pro plus plows, you can adjust the height to a certain extent but I dont think that much, try not to keep re posting this site get slow as it is.

6. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

So basically what you are asking if you can plow with an 8" lift on your 2005 F-350 you bought recently. What plow are you looking to get. Yes you will most likely have to fabricate as it has been stated before.
    T.J.

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

fab something up and good luck with it

8. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Can I buy capitalization for 500, Pat?

9. Evan528

Evan528 PlowSite.com Veteran

lol.... I love it!

10. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

What kind of lift? Body, Suspension, or both?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  11. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Use the search function on the gray line above the forum.. Search: Plowing with a lifted truck. There should be information there. For the most part the plow has to be parallel to the ground. This gives you the correct attack angle to plow with. A good welder / fabricator should be a great help to get it done.

12. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

yes you can plow with an 8 inch lift, but you will need to do some serious modifications to the plow mount to make it work.