1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help with the fog lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by William B., Mar 6, 2006.

1. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I installed the OEM fog lights and wiring in my truck. I went to the dealership today to have the computer programmed for the lights. Well 2 1/2hrs later they still don't work. They told me that I need a new BCM because for some reason the BCM won't comply with the Tech 2. We could get the lights to go on using the Tech 2 and we could also get the small light on the fog light switch to go on. We did everything. I brought the directions in and we had it plugged in the correct spot on the BCM. The thing was, were the wire was suppose to go, there was already another wire there. Is this because of my truck having the plow prep package? I can't see that being the reason except for them using the fog light spot for the Aux light spot. Any help guys? I would really aprreciate it.

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Instead of using the factory connections, why dont you just hard wire them directly to the switch with a fuse and bypass all that mumbo-jumbo.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2006