1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help with my plow not moving

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Mow It All, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Mow It All

Mow It All Member

Ok so I get a clicking from my selonoid under the hood. I cleaned it all up (nothing), I juped the hot to the battery and the motor runs but kinda weak. It will not move left or right, just up and down, even with it being jumped. I can nudge it side to side by hand so the rams arnt frozen. Please help me out, we have snow moving this way. Also can someone tell me where the fill plug this is my new plow and im not sure....its and E-60 quick lift

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

replace the selinoid.....you can't use a jumper cable to make the actions and expect them to jump to action like nothing is wrong. It's just a test, which in this case sounds to me you are saying you are getting more action out of the motor by bypassing the selinoid.....right?

3. Mow It All

Mow It All Member

Im getting the motor to go when i jump it........but by jumping it it should work if that was the problem i would think. It sucks cause i have no places near me that repair plows so Im on my own......

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

no, it wouldn't work completly.......well, I really shouldn't say that, I don't have direct experience with Meyers, the last one I touched was on the first truck I ever plowed on; a 70 something Eur other, but Fishers, when bypassing the solenoid, once the motor made her noise that was it, replace the solenoid and there was no more issues. This has happened to me 8 times in the last 3 years I think. It never fails.

Where is it located, just inside the engine compartment close to the battery?

5. Mow It All

Mow It All Member

Yes its about 6 inches from the battery.......the selonoid is cheap maybe Ill go that route first. Any other ideas while Im shopping would be appreciated.

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

I am alomost 99% sure that is you issue bud...Napa carrys them. Let me know how you made out, there a sintch to change out.

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

Here.....this a PDF on it go to pg. 3 figure 2.....Number 16 is where you need to add fluid.

e600.jpg

8. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

As for checking the plow fluid......
    Check out Meyers at http://www.meyerproducts.com/pdf/MeyerOM.pdf Go to page 22/45 and it will show you the plug and how much oil to put in the pump. This goes for my E-60, so I'm not sure your Quick Lift is the same.