1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Some Help with Mounts for a 79 F250 4x4

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by asidraine, Dec 2, 2003.

1. asidraine

asidraine Junior Member

I am trying to find some mounts for a 79 F250 4x4. They seem to be the hardest thing to find, so I am trying to find them first. If I can find them I should be able to find a plow to match to them pretty easily. Does anyone know if there are any still being made or if any of the new ones will work with minor fab work. I am not to concerned with the manufacturer of the plow. I will only be doing a few driveways for Family and some elderly people in the neighborhood. So it doesn't need to be the best, it just needs to work.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Do you already have the plow? If so, what kind? If not, I know Western makes a plow for your 79 F-250.

3. thomasjkt

thomasjkt Member

David,
    I know exactly where your coming from. I need a mount for a Meyers plow that will hook to my 1987 Ford F150. I have a mount like you are looking for (1979 F250 ) it was only used for about a month and then taken off the truck and stored in my garage. I hate to do it but if I can't find the mount I need I will have to hack the F250 mount up to make it work on my F150. Should I find the mount I need, I would be willing to sell the F250 mount I have. Like I said it's pretty much brand new and it's all there.
    Jim

4. asidraine

asidraine Junior Member

5. thomasjkt

thomasjkt Member

David,
    I had emailed this guy earlier and he said he wasn't sure what the mount was off of, he thought it was a Ford mount but the people bidding on it said it was a Dodge mount. I don't want to take the chance of winning something that won't help me out.

I talked to a Meyer plow dealer today and he said he may have a used mount that he would trade me for. I am to contact him later today. If I trade him the mount I will let you know his number and maybe you could buy the F250 mount from him. He buys and sell used plow parts.
    Jim

6. asidraine

asidraine Junior Member

Thanks for the help. If I run across what you are looking for I will let you know.

Thanks again

7. thomasjkt

thomasjkt Member

David,
    I am going tomorrow afternoon to get a mount that is suppose to be for my F150 :) . The guy said he is pretty sure he has one and he will trade me for the 79 F250 mount I have. Here is the phone number for the place I'm going 814-742-8808 ask for Denny. I won't be going over until around 2:00 pm so if you call him about the mount I'm trading I'd call around 4:00 or 4:30. I'm not sure what his business name is but if you go to www.meyerproducts.com and look up distributors in the 16858 zip code you'll find him. He is located in Bellwood Pa. just off I-99.
    Jim