1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help with Meyer Salt spreader

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jlouki01, Oct 27, 2007.

1. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

I bought a Meyer Mini spreader. Comes with a simple little control box.

It has 4 wires. Two Red, one to the battery, one to the motor out back, a ground, and a thin white wire.

The instructions say there is a blue wire that gets hooked to a key on hot in the fuse panel.

I don't have a blue wire. however with that wire unhooked I can hit the blast button and my motor spins. All the lights on the control unit come etc... But when I select a speed with the dial nothing happens. What am I missing here?

The white wire is NOT hooked up to anything right now. I tried for fun to hook up to the fuse box but that didn't change anything. I notice when I hit blast I am see voltage come out of the white wire on a volt meter..

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I just sold mine, lets see if I can remember...larger red wire to the battery,( with a fuseable link) black is ground (make sure its a good ground) smaller blue wire goes to something "hot" like ignition, my white wire was for my vibrator when I hooked it up. I dont remember what the smaller red wire is for. My advise call a dealer who sells them new and they should be able to tell you for sure. Hopefully this helped somewhat.