1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help with a mount

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by bigred76, Feb 9, 2009.

1. bigred76

bigred76 Junior Member

Hi Guys, I found your site while doing a search for Sno Way. I recently purchased a Snow-Way "22D" Poly plow with a wireless remote control, and would like to mount it on a 1991 Cherokee. This is all new to me as the past 30 years I have been loyal to Meyers Plows.
    This unit is almost brand new and has lights attached. If someone could advise me on the Part Number for the Mount for my Jeep and the Wiring Harness Part Number that would be great.
    Thanks from Finally warm New Jersey.
    Stu

2. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

snoway does not have a mount for a 1991 jeep cherokee. you would have to see if your local dealer would custom build you a mount...

3. bigred76

bigred76 Junior Member

Mount

Isnt the frame on all cherokees the same up to 2002. It is the square style or Classic looking Jeep.

Stu

4. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Sorry buddy, I think your SOL. Sno-Way does not make a 22 series mount for this vehicle. See if you can fab or have someone fab one up for you. Good luck!!

OOPS...got in a little late on this one.

5. bigred76

bigred76 Junior Member

Mount

Is it possible to by the center piece of the 22 Mount, and then Fabricate the mounts for a cherokee?:realmad:

6. Kevin Kendrick

Anything is possible with some steel and a welder. Yep, that is probably what I would do.

7. bigred76

bigred76 Junior Member

THANKS for your help

8. Kevin Kendrick

No problem...and welcome to Plowsite.com!!

9. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

your dealer will know what center section will work best for your jeep

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

22 center members are not available from the factory. They come with the vehicle specific mount. We have built a 22 series mount for a 01 cherokee. We are still testing and checking to see what needs to be done to assure retrofit and if we can produce them for a reasonable price.

11. bigred76

bigred76 Junior Member

Mount Info

THANKS for the help..... Any assistance would be great, please keep me in the loop on that mount, as I have a truck, a plow, and no way to marry them together, other then a welder and some steel....

Stuprsport

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The problem with building them is the center member. You either have to have them made or buy a sacrificial mounting kit for another vehicle and that is a big expense. Not to mention research intense as you have to find one with the right width

13. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

i have a picture on my profile of a newer grand cherokee we built the mount on a tear ago and seems to be just fine... but it would be good for you to go to a snoway dealer who knows what he is doing and will stand behind it

14. bigred76

bigred76 Junior Member

Mount

Thanks,

I have a very good local dealer who I can work with. I would like to see the pictures if possible of the Grand Cherokee.
    Thanks,
    Stu

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The Cherokee is much closer to the Wrangler then the Grand Cherokee.